Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

'Pop'sicles

I am in a little bit of a quandry. More so, I don't think that I could write a letter to "Dear Abby" about this - so I am putting it out into the cosmos to see other thoughts and opinions about social etiquette in this situation.

We still have s/perm in storage. Initially when I was TTC, I really thought it was going to take forever to get pregnant. I realize I am lucky that getting pregnant did not prove to be that challenging for myself. But at that time, I wanted to ensure we had enough product to get us through for a while. We bought 8 vials.

Well - I got pregnant 1st time, used two vials. We held on to our remaining stock, paying our annual storage fees and such, not really ready to let it go. M then decided she wanted a go -- so off we went again, and we used up 4 of our remaining 6 vials. yup- we still have 2 in storage.

The question is now - what do we do with it?

I have made jokes in the past to friends that I was going to try and put it up on the lesbian black market to sell it, and yesterday I got a phone call from a friend that wanted to talk about it in more detail.

A little back ground, to date we have not signed up for any of the donor sibling registries - when we started our family, it was that - starting our family and we didn't have the interest in the extended family idea at the time. But now- if we have a choice about where these two vials go- it feels a little like we are giving the gift of siblings to someone.

This feel like uncharted territory. I still need to call TSBC and see if it is even possible to release these vials to someone else- but I don't think that would be a problem. I am trying to imagine what are the conditions or conversations points that I want to talk with my friend about. I keep thinking about if I agree with their parenting philosophy - or if that even matters - heck if I put it up on the Donor Sibling Registry - we wouldn't really know ANYTHING about who it went to.

M and I were talking about it last night- and we still have more to go. This is just one aspect of lesbian family planning that I had never considered in the past.

PS- Tuesday is our big ultrasound. Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm tough! I kind of think it would be pretty amazing but it's totally a personal decision

    ReplyDelete