so I have a confession. I am horrified. seriously, it's one of those things that you dread happening when you become a parent - and then it does.
This past week M has started coaching again. She is home late three of the five nights during the week and I am flying solo quite a bit these days. Tuesday night I was feeling accomplished, it was 7:15pm and I was sitting down to fold some laundry since everyone was in bed. (Yes! The little one was asleep as of 6:30 and the big ones didn't nap so they were asleep by 7 as well). Feeling might smug with myself (I am a rock star mama - thankyouverymuch) I decide to reward myself.
I was home alone, I was awake and I decided to become the 'm@ster of my domain'. I am in my own fantasy world when all of a sudden I hear a little voice from over my shoulder.
"mama I was feeling a little nervous about sleeping" (yes, this is what she said)
Needless to say I just about jump out of my skin - the moment is gone - and now I am quickly putting myself back together and trying to calmly deal with what ever need she has just presented to me.
I am stumbling off the couch, and guiding her back to bed - telling her that it's time for bed, ... all the while feeling like I have just scared my daughter for life. Of course she wouldn't go with out the following question - "mama why did you have your pants down?"
While I gave a general answer in the moment - the best I could do without any forethought - I find the moment still sitting with me days later. Should I talk to her more about it? Is there something more that should be said?
Sigh- still feeling slightly mortified - the humor in the situation I am sure is quickly coming.
What would you have done?
Sheesh.


Oh dear. You've done it.
ReplyDeleteThere was something written, a study or something, that if you find a parent in a sexual situation like this. the child grows up much more sexually confused and aggressive. The best thing to do is to get her into therapy now. While it's fresh on her mind.
:)
No really. She was probably too tired to even realize what you were doing...and her little mind has already erased it.
You on the other hand can learn from your experience and will next time "fantasize" behind a locked door ! aye ? :) ha ha ha ha
Thanks for sharing. It will hopefully help several children from walking in on their parent pleasuring themselves.....because they will have read this post.
Way to do it for your country.
Aw man. I have no clue what I would have said!
ReplyDeleteoh. my. god. Halarious.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure she has already forgot about her encounter.
...Totally mood killer. Bummer! haha!
PS. I can't find your E-mail. Shoot me a E-mail at heathernorwood84@yahoo.com and I'll send you back the password. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete