I tell you, they are real things. I knew the power of hormones previously, but now they have taken on a whole new meaning.
With the new little lady coming home I have been blown away how there is a hormonal difference in how we currently relate to our kids. M has a new appreciation of how a crying baby can cause physical pain for us b-feeding mom's.
More so it fascinates me with how those super-sonic mom ears work. Even today, when T & R are up or something is wrong I will hear them. I have that 5th sense that something is happening with them. And thus far, M has that with Miss. F. I am not trying to give the appearance that I am not boded with Miss. F, but it is just different that innate response and connection.
I am guessing that part of this for the time being is due in part to the division of labor that is currently necessary for our daily survival. It's one of the biggest changes this time around - its not about sinking in to the sweetness of the newborn period. Having two preschoolers really prevents you from having slowing down too much.
I have really taken on the majority of the care for T &R- especially in the mornings when I try and let M get some additional sleep. While M is b-feeding she spends a good chunk of time with the wee one and we try and switch it up every now and then. I guess we are approaching it as we did the first time around - one thing at a time. Eventually we are hoping that it will reach more of a 50-50 sort of scenario but for now it really is a little lopsided. We are making it work...but it is not without some sleeplessness for sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment