Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

needs vs wants

This past week I have had a shift.

I am slowly starting to see the other side, experience a shift in perspective. Or maybe it is just starting to let go of my traditional idea of what a child/infant needs to be welcomed into our family.

For a long time I have been feeling stuck - like I am spinning my wheels trying to figure out how I was going to afford to create the best space, the most ideal toys and equipment. I have been feeling a sense of panic about the monetary limitations that we are currently under, and how this might lead to not being able to provide the very best to my kids, and this new being joining my family.

I know, I know...really what a baby needs is love. To hear a heart beat, a clean diaper and some basic clothes. It's amazing how quickly we can all get caught up in the perceived ideas that society can put in our heads about what we 'need'.

Slowly, I am letting these perceptions go. I have been able to create a more realistic idea of how (logistically) we are going to welcome this new being into our family and more importantly how we can let go of those 'shoulds' and really focus more on what really is important.

PS - M felt the baby move for the first time this morning! It's hard to believe time is flying by so quickly ....it's exciting!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be great parents! And if she can feel the baby move, it won't be long until you can too. Such a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete