Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Challenges of conception

When you think of getting pregnant - what do most people think of. I know in the GLBT world I do try and remind myself that just because we have to use an alternate source to obtain our s.perm, it does not necessarily mean that we are infertile. But really, it is sometimes the most non-sexy thing around.

Some days- it feels like we are fighting an uphill battle. Really - in the hetero world - when do people think about:
- that you would have to try and get pregnant between the hours of 8am - 5pm
- that you could only try and conceive during the work week
- that it would have to cost you in the range of $1,000 per month to try and get pregnant
- That really- both people don't technically need to be present to conceive of said child.

I know- I know- I know there are many people in straight relationships that struggle to get pregnant. I know-

Today, I am having my own pity party and feeling a little discouraged. Not how I want to go into our first insemination today.

On a separate note- why is it Murphy' Law that you are guaranteed to ovulate the same time you have an important work related meeting making you have to come up with some not-so-clever excuse to why you can not be at the ever so important gathering that you had previously promised to be at.

Wish me luck -

No comments:

Post a Comment