There are many words out there for the body types, and stereotypes that are often used to describe the various fractions of the LGBTQ world. Butch, femme, queer, etc, etc, etc. I will be honest that in the past I had not paid a ton of attention, to me it felt like two women loving and living together. I never felt like my life was the Gay Agenda that the republicans were fighting against.
But with M being pregnant it's been strange. It seems that M's pregnancy has really challenged many. See, I guess you would say that in many ways that M is the more 'butch' one in our relationship. She is certainly athletic and if nothing else has never had the body frame that one would describe as feminine. I would say that the majority of individuals in her life never assumed that she would want, or would successfully carry a pregnancy to term.
Now pregnancy is a uniquely, intensely feminine process. M has never has large bre@sts, and now with pregnancy has gone through puberty to the point that she has had to purchase her 1st bra. I had to laugh at her udder discomfort with this fact, seriously many a nights of her lamenting "they are touching things! how do you deal with this" she says to her partner who is easily a DD.
While I loved M's body previously I find myself fascinated with this new aspect of her physical being. How strangely feminine it is, and how surprising it is to me - that even after all this time there are new discoveries to be made. The new curves, growing space and sensitivities. For someone who never thought she would be going down this road - it really has suited her well. But while any partner must sit back at times and marvel at the amazing changes that take place, I find this one uniquely profound. For someone that lived in the female body before but never would have been described as feminine. It has been a challenge to love this new phase, and the new physical form that my long time love currently has.


Really interesting post! How does it feel for you, the more fem, to watch her body change and become more fem? As another big boob girl, married to a big boob girl, I cannot imagine buying a first bra as a grown woman! So unreal.
ReplyDeleteI agree, interesting post. We just found out my partner is pregnant and, while she has boobs, she's still not uber feminine on the outside. I look forward to watching her body change.
ReplyDeleteI, too, find this post really interesting. I can't say pregnancy changed my very feminine partner much (well, more than pregnancy normally does!), so neither one of us has had to think about such an adjustment.
ReplyDelete